Carbonara pasta is a popular Italian dish that is widely enjoyed in many countries around the world, including Malta.
There are several restaurants in Malta that serve carbonara pasta, but we cook the original roman Carbonara!
It is also possible to prepare the dish at home using locally available ingredients.
ORIGINAL INGREDIENTS FOR CARBONARA IN MALTA
To make carbonara pasta in Malta, you will need some basic ingredients such as pasta, eggs, Guanciale, grated Pecorino cheese, and black pepper.
You can find these ingredients at most supermarkets or specialty food stores in Malta, but if you want the original ingredients for Carbonara in Malta, you can find in our restaurants in Gzira, St Julian, Valletta and Marsaskala.
CARBONARA STEP BY STEP
- To prepare the dish, start by boiling the pasta in a pot of salted water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a pan over medium heat and cook the Guanciale until it is crispy.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, grated Pecorino cheese, and black pepper.
- Drain the pasta “al dente” and reserve some of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the pan with the Guanciale and toss to combine.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour in the egg mixture, stirring quickly to coat the pasta.
If the sauce is too thick, add some of the reserved pasta cooking water to thin it out!
Serve the Carbonara pasta hot, garnished with additional Pecorino Romano cheese and black pepper, if desired.
Enjoy your best Carbonara in Malta!
Do you want to try the real Roman Carbonara in Malta?
Try it at Trattoria Zero Sei in Valletta for an unforgettable experience!